MkIII Review, Pricing & Warranty

Two pairs of my Jazzman MkIII ESL are now available for sale for $6,000 per pair (not negotiable).  

Below is a review by Greg Garska, Administrator of the CarverSite Audio Forum: 

"That's an excellent price for those speakers.

 

My impression is they are loud, alive and don't really have any flaws in their presentation. What I mean by flaw is that most speakers are really good at some things; like rich bass, smooth highs, etc. Sometimes when listening to speakers we're impressed so much by what they are good at it's easy to ignore what they aren't.

 

I never had that experience with these ESL's. I listened to several pieces of music that I'm well familiar with, listening for those flaws and details. The speakers are 5 stars in every aspect - they are accurate, detailed, powerful, rich and by far the most musical speakers one could ask for.

 

By musical I mean presence. The sound is HUGE, and can hit you in the chest, but it's also delicate and easy when the music goes there. I had no trouble listening to the more challenging parts of music, you know, things that only top quality system can reveal. Breathing in the vocals, fingers on the strings - the kinds of things that put you next to the musicians.

 

You won't be listening to these speakers when you hear them, you'll be listening to music.

 

You just can't ask for more than that."



Here's a testimonial from a Jazzman MkIII owner (who doesn't want his name posted on a public forum): 

“After a couple of us rode Charlie for 3 years or so, he finally relented and made myself and a couple of other close friends a pair of these. I have owned speakers, one in particular, up into the five figure range. The latest pair (before Charlie’s) was a behemoth that weighed 220lbs. a piece. No need to mention name, but it was a very well respected and reviewed speaker. I really never thought I would get the itch to upgrade. That is until I heard Charlie’s Stats a few years ago. 

I have always been a big speaker type of guy as most are on this forum. Just like the life like size of the concert presentation you just don’t get from a bookshelf speaker.  My wife and I used to attend audio shows all over the SE US years ago before settling on my last purchase before Charlie’s stats. 

I was blown away when I heard Charlie’s personal Stats after my very significant purchase. I heard some detail I had not heard before on my rather expensive personal speakers. The highs were a tad clearer and more detailed, the mids were very similar, but the vocals were more natural on Charlie’s stats. 

In addition, Charlie’s stats ranked up there with the best Stat’s I had heard at all the shows that we attended. I thought to myself, how can this magic come from a DIY Stat. How could this possibly compete and best some of what the big boys had been doing for years, especially with their R&D funds? But yet it was. 

The Icing on the cake, especially someone that had two back surgeries and in need of a third, a 45 to 50lb. Speaker that sounds so damn good and life like. It has everything, life like sound stage, detail, some of the most natural vocals I have ever heard, midrange that competes with some of the best of them, and highs that are crystal clear. Just be aware, as Charlie mentioned, will need to make room for a sub or two for the lower octaves.

In closing, I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to purchase these very special speakers.  My wife and I have an extensive catalog of concerts.  We watch concerts probably 4 or 5 nights a week in our HTR . Brings a smile to our face all the time. As I write this, Steve Winwood is our entertainment tonight. He has never sounded better. Better sound in my HTR than at the numerous concerts we attend, you betcha. Thank you Charlie!” 



Warranty (same as Martin-Logan’s, plus my 30-day satisfaction guarantee):


Within 30 days of pickup/delivery; the speakers may be returned in undamaged condition for a full refund of the purchase price, excluding any initial packing/shipping costs, and subject to the return shipping requirements below.  

 

Additionally; the speakers are warranted to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for five years from date of pickup/delivery, with the following limitations:

·       Applies to original buyer; not transferable.

·       Applies to normal home use; professional/commercial use excluded.

·       Damage caused by mishandling, neglect, transport, or failure to adhere to the Requirements/Cautions below, is not covered.

·       Warranty returns shall be pre-arranged and shall be delivered or properly packaged and shipped by the buyer, at buyer’s expense.    

       Professional packaging and insured shipping recommended; as buyer assumes responsibility for any damage incurred in return shipping.    

·       Warranty work may be a repair or replacement, at seller’s discretion. 

  

Requirements / Cautions:

  • Panel crossover frequency & slope: 250Hz-300Hz & 24db-48db/octave.  Recommend 300Hz @ 36db/octave for the 3-month break-in period.   
  • AC power cord must be in a switched plugin to power the bias supply ON/OFF with amps (always ON attracts dust & prematurely ages the diaphragm coating). 
  • The front grills are fragile-- avoid over-bending them.  
  • High humidity and dust buildup can cause corrosion and arcing, which can shorten speaker life.  Use/store in an air-conditioned environment only. 
  • Dust buildup can be blown out with low pressure canned air or vacuumed out using care to avoid impacting the stator wires or diaphragm.  Leaving the grills on prevents any significant dust buildup.